Members of the public are invited to attend
Slurry and Spills in the Athabasca, a public forum at the University of Alberta this Monday, December 2nd, 2013 from 1:30 – 5:30 pm to learn more about the recent Obed mine spill.
- Assembly of First Nations Regional Chief and Dene National Chief Bill Erasmus
- Assembly of First Nations Regional Chief Cameron Alexis
- Chief Allan Adams of the Fort Chipewyan First Nation
- Dr. Greg Goss, University of Alberta Water Initiative
- Dr. Colin Cooke, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
- Dr. Bill Donahue, Water Matters
- Sherrit Mine Senior Leadership
Moderator: Dr. Makere Stewart-Harawira, Associate Professor, Indigenous, Environmental and Global Studies and Co-ordinator, Theory, Culture and International Specialization, from the Department of Educational Policy Studies at the University of Alberta.
Location: Room ED 228, Education South Building at the University of Alberta. Map
For more detailed information about the forum, please contact Dr. Stewart-Harawira at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Jeans, MLIS
University of Alberta Water Initiative
G-222 Biological Sciences Building
Edmonton, AB T6G 2E9
www.water.ualberta.ca | @ualbertawater